Finally, Whatsapp officially launched their UPI Payments update.Through this update from WhatsApp, User can transfer money through WhatsApp only by without entering to other apps. User transfer free of cost because user sending or receiving money from UPI transactions.
WhatsApp Payments updated India’s Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is now available on iOS and Android. The long-awaited feature is live right now.
Now WhatsApp users can send and receive money directly via bank account through WhatsApp messenger. However, it does not look like the service will support merchant payments. The person to person UPI payments feature has been rolled for Android and iOS versions of the app. WhatsApp was conducting beta-tests for the Payments feature on the Android version of the app. Ok, Let’s jump into the processor to activate Whatsapp UPI Payment option on your smartphone.
How to Activate Whatsapp UPI Payment Option:-
1. You need to update or Download the latest beta version 2.18.46 of WhatsApp from Playstore
2. To activate the Whatsapp payment go to settings in options on WhatsApp.
3. Then Tap on payment option
4. Whatsapp shows Send and receive money security with UPI
5. Whatsapp ask’s you to “VERIFY VIA SMS”
6. Then “Select Your BANK” HDFC, Axis, ICICI, SBI, Yes Bank, Allahabad Bank, Punjab National Bank, etc
7.Hence by setting with the “UPI PIN”. The Whatsapp Payment will be activated
8. Hence user can use Whatsapp payments
8. Hence the transaction is success by entering UPI PIN
Whatsapp payment option will be able on individual chat screen but the user can send money to specific users in the group. While Whatsapp Pay seems to have made life easier, it is not compatible with making payments to e-commerce marketplaces such as Flipkart, Amazon, etc,